Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Oodles Of Doodles CCXIII

Once again, I've let too much time pass between doodles. But I think you'll appreciate the one I've got for you, even with the long wait. It's another doosie from Lou Myers. I found this on the flip side of Johnny Vadnal And His Orchestra-Carefree Polkas (RCA Victor LPM-1911, 1959). You get some great dancing in there, and some stuff that probably doesn't count as dancing. But everyone seems happy and carefree, as if they were listening to a polka record.

5 comments:

  1. Good ol' Lou Myers. He manages to be provocative without being too naughty. Thanks for sharing this one, Ernie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No link to be had. I just like to post these doodles off the back of the records. I used to post several a week, but I'm lazy lately. I'll have something for ya'll to download soon, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey ernie! sorry to go totally off topic for a moment, but i hope you won't mind...

    i stumbled across what appears to be the stereo version of hugo winterhalter's "wish you were here" and recalled your mentioning you'd like to get your hands on it...

    now you can! it's up at bongolong land: http://bongolongland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I come across some cool little doodles on some of the sleeves of my old 45's once in awhile. There's one on a Peggy Lee Promo Copy of Ooh That Kiss that fits right in with your themes. How can I let you see it? Oh, and that's a nice way you have of using natural lighting in your pictures. I guess you'll have to e-mail me if you'd like to see the scans, I don't see where to contact you. Here's my e-mail: haarfage@hamiltoncom.net

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...