Friday, November 24, 2006

David Wayne (Not Bruce)

Good morning everybody! Welcome to a new day of Christmas music magic. Today is Black Friday, which means I am going to try not to leave the house all day, 'cause anywhere I may try to go is just going to be a mess of people trying to find bargains. Well, I might try to go to Steak N Shake for lunch, but that's no big surprise. But enough about me, you're here for the music, right? The album of the moment is a pair of well-presented stories on the Cricket label. I think the Cricket label is a few steps above the usual kiddie record garbage that comes out on Pickwick or Premiere, even though it does appear to be a subsidiary of Pickwick. I really enjoyed the two stories on here. I'm afraid I have little info on the featured narrator, David Wayne, though. There is an IMDB entry on a David Wayne (from The Andromeda Strain!), but I have no way to confirm if it's the same guy or not. In fact, they list five David Waynes. Either way, this certainly isn't Batman's alter ego, Bruce Wayne. But enough of the babbling, here is David Wayne Narrates The Little Star Of Bethlehem & The Toy Box, John L. Eastman Conducting The Cricket Symphony (Cricket CR-X1). The back cover of this is just ads for other records in "The Grand Prix Series", so I didn't scan it in. Oh, and there is some bad surface noise at the beginning of side two, but it goes away pretty quick, so try not to let it annoy you too badly.

2 comments:

  1. Yep, it's the same David Wayne. He had a long run in movies (Adam's Rib, Portrait of Jennie, The Andromeda Strain), as well as TV (he was Ellery Queen's dad, Inspector Queen, and appeared in guest roles on many, many other TV programs). I's funny you mention Batman, because Wayne (that's David, not Bruce) appeared several times as The Mad Hatter. Thanks for sharing this, I've never seen it anywhere before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, I knew someone would be able to ID David Wayne. Thanks for the info. And I'm pretty proud of myself for using the Batman link even though I didn't know the connection. Sometimes I'm smarter than I realize!!! Or not...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...