Sunday, July 09, 2006

Taken From The Top, Part 2


I've been saving these night pictures for you since I got back from Vegas, but it's been hard to keep them under wraps this long. The view from the top of the Stratosphere Tower was awe inspiring when I first went up there during the day, but I had a feeling it would be even more impressive at night. And I was right. There are probably more lights per square foot in Vegas than on most people's Christmas trees. This shot is looking down the strip, and as nice of a picture as it is, it doesn't do the actual scene justice. No matter what direction you looked, the whole city was illuminated. A friend points out that Vegas looks it's best at night because you only see what the powers-that-be want you to see. They don't illuminate flat roofs and air conditioners. And the colors, it would take a million rainbows to equal it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...