Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Superiority Through (Last Year's) Airpower

I bragged a little about getting better pictures at last year's Airfest, so I figured I'd best put my money where my mouth is. Here are a couple of choice shots from 2004. (2004 was the first airshow they held after 9/11, so they really pulled out all the stops.)

This display of WWII and modern firepower was very impressive. The prop plane had to fly for all it was worth, and the two jets had to throttle back to something close to stall speed, but they were still able to hold formation for several passes.

Last year's show featured the Blue Angels instead of the Thunderbirds, which was a little odd since the Blue Angels are Navy planes, and Macdill is an Air Force base. but whatever. I managed to get a single shot of one of the times they flew directly at each other. The closing speed between the two planes was over 1200 mph! Talk about your lucky shots...

PS-In the not-too-distant future, I hope to make it up to the Pensacola Naval Air Station, and their museum. I went there once a long, long time ago, and I remember enjoying it then. I'm sure I'd enjoy it more now that I have my camera. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...