Monday, April 11, 2005

Superiority Through Airpower IV


No airshow would be complete without skydivers, and this one was no exception. These guys were jumping out of their perfectly good plane before I could even get into the main gate. When they spun around and formed this little heart, the crowd around me made a loud collective "awwwwww" right on cue.

You'll notice that I continuously compare this airshow to last year, because last year was my first trip, and I think it really was a better show. For 2004, they had several groups of skydivers at different points throughout the day. It sort of made for something a little interesting, and at a more human speed. Too many rapid turns of the head to watch a 600mph fly-by can be hard on the neck. These skydivers did a lot of twirls and dips and spins, but they weren't moving at a neck-jarring pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...