Christmas In July 2026-Part 21
1. Toy Band-Greensleeves (Theme I) (March And Dance With Toy Band-My First Golden Record Library Volume 10)
We begin with the first part of some weird bits from this kiddie record. Yes, the tune is Greensleeves, which for our purposes is the same as What Child Is This, but there's some weird story going on here that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I think you're going to get a small piece of this record from today right on through to the end of the month, and none of them are going to make much sense. But nothing about this blog really makes sense...
2. The Four Preps-The Things We Did Last Summer (The Things We Did Last Summer, 1958)
This is the track from our headliner LP up above. I just couldn't pass up that nice beachy scene that is the exact opposite of the wintertime sentiments of this song.
3. Ted Alan Worth-San Francisco Civic Chorale Chamber Chorus-A Cradle Carol (Great Hymns Of Faith-Praise To The Lord)
Ted is an organist who has graced this blog before, but this time he brought some vocalists along for the ride and think the song is more enjoyable for having them.
4. Wayne Johnson, Baritone Soloist-Let There Be Peace On Earth (Heart-Warming Songs)
A fairly local record, from the small town of Holiday here in Florida, just up the coast from St. Pete. This record had some pretty bad damage to the surface, but the software was able to clean most of it up. I think you'll get the idea.
5. Stanley Black Conducting The London Festival Orchestra AKA The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra-Chinese Dance (Tchaikovsky-Nutcracker Suite/Serenade For Strings, 1967)
Is this the only selection from The Nutcracker in the pile today? I think it is. Enjoy!
6. Malcolm Dalglish & Grey Larsen-The Three Little Drummers; Kate Caulfield's Jig; Paddy In London (Banish Misfortune, 1977)
There's not a whole lot of Christmas in this one, but I do remember hearing a version of the lead-in track Three Little Drummers on a Christmas LP by The Beers Family. That's the only time I've heard it refered to as a Christmas track, but I enjoyed hearing it again and threw it in the pile.
7. Melba Montgomery-Keep Me Warm (Melba Montgomery, 1973)
Melba is cold, go keep her warm.
8. Gooding Amusement's German Organ-Christmas Medley (Christmas With The Gooding Band Organ, 1984)
Another entry from this half-Christmas record. I don't remember what's in the medley, I hope it's not something from The Nutcracker.
9. Kermit Leslie And His Orchestra-Bermuda Holiday (A Holiday In Hi-Fi, 1958)
Another barely-related track from this great album.
10. The Yoder Families-While By My Sheep (Come Let Us Join Our Cheerful Songs)
I almost missed this one but I thought about it for a while and came back and recorded it. I think it may be the most Christmas song of the whole day.
And that's all I've got for you today, not a single sheet music demo track in the pile! I don't think I'm completely done with those just yet, but there aren't many left. Unless I find another album, of course. :)


.jpg)







Ernie, is it still 21?
ReplyDeleteIn Germany, the legal drinking age is as follows:
16 years old: You can legally purchase and consume beer and wine in public places.
18 years old: You must be at least 18 to purchase and consume spirits and liqueurs.
Additionally, minors aged 14 and 15 may drink beer and wine in public if accompanied by a parent or guardian.
I'll never understand this... :(
DeleteThat's a nice Four Preps LP. Wonder if I have that one.
ReplyDeleteBryan - Good gracious, those age limits are crazy. Alcohol is addictive!
I don't think I'd seen it before a couple weeks ago, so it can't be too common.
DeleteIn general, German beer typically has a higher alcohol content than American beer.
ReplyDeleteGerman lagers usually have an alcohol by volume (ABV) ranging from 4.5% to 5.5%, while American lagers range from 3.5% to 4.5%.
Many Germans drink it warm too.
While I do not drink alcohol, per say, people I know say when they have had an American beer, it tastes like drinking p***.
Even the quality of soft drinks are superior to those sold in the USA. The EU standards are extremely high.
This feels like an argument against giving alcohol to children, not an argument for it. :(
Delete