Saturday, August 06, 2022

2022 At 78 RPM-Part 32

Hello! And welcome to the first 78 collection after the big Christmas in July hub-bub. It was pretty hectic for a while around here, but now we're back to the once a week calmness of the Christmas 78s from The Internet Archive. This week features 32 selections, all of which I recently downloaded and cleaned lightly for your enjoyment. All the selections this time around were from the late July dump at IA, which I don't usually do. I try to mix up the old with the new, but I set a challenge to myself, and I made it happen. I downloaded 106 selections last month, and I got them all cleaned up and imported, then I was able to tag 64 of them in the past few hours, and then I selected half of those to share with you today. So hopefully these songs all have that new car smell. I notice that in my haste, I've duplicated not one but two songs, which I try not to do. I'm going to have to stop doing the one-more-track-each-week trick, it's just becoming untenable. I was never going to make it to the end of the year that way, anyway, it's too many tracks. But that's neither here nor there today. Just enjoy the tracks in the pile, it's some good stuff, all from mid-last-century or earlier.

MEGA

Update-4 Jan 2023-Added tracklist for searching.

1. Gordon MacRae With Van Alexander And His Orchestra-(Here's To) A Wonderful Christmas
2. Jim And Betty Smith And Orchestra-Baby It's Cold Outside
3. Freddie Corcoran-Hammond Organ And Novachord-Christmas Island
4. Bill Monroe-Christmas Time's A-Coming
5. Frankie Masters And His Orchestra-Vocal Chorus By Frankie Masters-Hello, Mister Kringle
6. Chick Bullock-It's Winter Again
7. Stubby And The Buccaneers-Vocal By Tiny Stokes And Male Trio-Jolly Old Saint Nicholas
8. Ivor Kern-La Campanella (Little Bells)
9. Felix Gross And His Orchestra-Love For Christmas
10. Ken Barry-Accompanist, Betty Lynn-Merry Christmas, Mother
11. Bonnie Davis And The Piccadilly Pipers-Out In The Cold Again
12. Les Baxter With His Chorus And Orchestra-Santa Claus' Party
13. Mervin Shiner-Santa, Santa Don't Be Mad At Me
14. Owen Bradley-Organ Solo With Chimes-Silent Night
15. American Radio Warblers With Preston Sellers At The Organ-Skaters Waltz
16. Sidney Torch And His Orchestra-Ski High (From The San Moritz Suite)
17. The Red Heads-'Tain't Cold
18. Nat Gonella And His Georgians-The Toy Trumpet
19. Chick Webb And His Orchestra-There's Frost On The Moon
20. Victor Young And His Orchestra-There's No Man Like A Snow Man (From Musical Production "A La Carte")
21. Gaylord Carter At The Hammond Organ-Toy Trumpet
22. Fred Waring And His Pennsylvanians-Glee Club And Orchestra-White Christmas
23. Lee Stafford-Piano-Winter Garden Rag
24. Bobby Hayes And His Orchestra-Vocal Chorus Muriel Byrd-Wintertime Dreams
25. Woody Herman And His Orchestra-Vocal Chorus By Woody Herman-Wintertime Dreams
26. Mel Blanc With Orchestra Conducted By Van Alexander-Yah Das Ist Ein Christmas Tree
27. Joe Graydon With The Skylarks-You're All I Want For Christmas
28. Robert Mitchell Boy Choir-Adeste Fidelis
29. Uncle George Green And His Boys-Good-bye Summer Hello Winter
30. Einar Ekberg-Baritone With Orchestra And Choir In Chorus-O Holy Night
31. Clark & McMullen-The Big Fat Man (With The Long White Beard)
32. Bibletone-Hark, The Herald Angels Sing































4 comments:

  1. Good grief, there's a lot of material here! Great stuff, too. (I may take a pass on the American Warblers-with-organ record.)

    I wonder if that Ken Barry doing "Merry Christmas, Mother" is the Ken Berry from F-Troop, who started off as a singer. Maybe not, he'd be too young.

    Thanks, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, now. No fair posting songs using the name "Stubby". And no fair that the guy has two nicknames--Stubby and Tiny--according to that record label. Doesn't anybody understand that we're experiencing a severe nickname shortage in this country?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments all!

    Buster-I kinda wondered if it was the same guy, but I couldn't find any info one way or the other. Pretty sure I have an LP from him somewhere, but it's much later than the 78.

    Stubby-Yeah, I thought you'd appreciate that. Side two coming up someday, so keep an eye open. :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...