Saturday, January 22, 2022

2022 At 78 RPM-Week 4

Another week, and another great selection of Christmas tunes from the seemingly endless depths of The Internet Archive. I know Christmas is long passed at this point, but if you've still got that Christmas spirit in your heart, these are some great songs for you. From a couple of singing cowboys, through a few different big bands, all the way to some female vocalists you've likely never heard of, there's a little bit of everything here in this batch. I think there are also a couple of things I previously shared back in 2020, but from different records. Sometimes I can't remember which songs I've shared and which ones I haven't, so if I don't remember it right away, I grab whatever new records pop up. Then later when I tag it I will see that the tag has already been used, and that kinda clues me in. Sometimes the new versions are better, sometimes they aren't, but you just never know. It's only a couple of the records, so I hope that doesn't turn anyone off of downloading these lost gems. For the curious, I'm still doing fine, trying to eat right and choke down some pills twice a day that would make a horse cough.  So it goes. I'll be fine. And if you're still with me, here's the link. Enjoy!

MEGA

Edit-4 Jan 2023-Added tracklist for searching.

1. Roy Rogers (King Of The Cowboys) With The Roy Rogers Riders And Orchestra-(Hardrock-Coco-Joe) The Three Little Dwarfs
2. Eddie Gould & Orchestra-Christmas Day
3. Jan Garber And His Orchestra-Vocal Quartet And Ensemble-Here Comes Santa Claus (Right Down Santa Claus Lane)
4. Orchestra And Chorus Conducted By David Carroll-Vocal By The Jack Halloran Singers-My Christmas Carol
5. Harry Reser And His Orchestra-Vocal Chorus By Tom Stacks-Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town
6. Jerri Adams Featuring The Tattle Tales-Snow Dreams
7. Guy Lombardo And His Royal Canadians-Vocal Chorus By Trio-Winter Wonderland From "Ziegfeld Follies"
8. Gloria Elwood With Bob Martin & His Orchestra-I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm
9. Tex Ritter-Away In A Manger
10. Frank Parker-Orchestra Under The Direction Of Archie Bleyer-O Holy Night









9 comments:

  1. These collections are great! I just love having these posts every week.

    There are couple of singers I don't recognize, but I have posted that Jerri Adams tune myself, years ago on the singles blog.

    On that Capitol kiddie label, I think the juxtaposition of Jesus Christ and Bozo the Clown to be odd, to say the least.

    So glad you are continuing to do well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for keeping this going Ernie. It's much appreciated out here in the land of people who leave minimal comments ;-). Glad to hear you continue to be on the mend. I'm sure you're doing it - but do a lot of reading, sift a lot of opinions, and figure out the path to long term health for "you". Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be lovely having you posting further into the new year; it's always a bit sad when you halt for the season. Thanks for the continued updates on yourself as well. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Ernie - I've really been enjoying these compilations!

    ReplyDelete

  5. The "Three Little Dwarfs" didn't sound like Roy Rogers to me. I think he laid on more of an accent or a twang in later days or something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks again Erine. There'll be no shortage of music for Christmas 2022.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ernie, I keep dropping in to check and, hey HEY, more new stuff! If there were no competing priorities and various other things trying to boil over on me, I would sure have me a folder full of all this. Thanks, man.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep forgetting to pop in and say thanks to all of you for leaving comments. I'm glad that you're enjoying this little bit of Christmas outside of the usual season. It's nice to be able to keep the spirit alive!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...