Monday, December 27, 2021

Back To The Barbershop

I had a few records that were remasters this year that I didn't get to through the season, so I figure there's no better time to share one of those with you than right now. For those who don't know, I sometimes find a new copy of a record I shared long ago, or maybe I just decide to record the old record again because I think I can do better. Sometimes I just forget that I'd already done some record, so it happens by accident that I redo something, but that's certainly the exception rather than the rule. In this case it's a barbershop chorus record, one of only a few barbershop Christmas records I'm familiar with. (I did see a new one that I don't have shared out over at Lee's place this year, go check it out!) Sharp eyed readers will notice that the label scan this time around is different than the old copy. But otherwise, it's the same music, same cover, same everything. I think I even scanned my original cover because the new one had writing on it and a Christmas card taped to the front. But it's the same otherwise. Anyhow, if you wanna give it a listen, here is Yuletide Favorites-Barbershop Style (Official SPEBSQSA Recording, No Number, Stereo). I suspect this pressing is a little newer than the old one based on the label being printed in fewer colors. The longer a record is in print, the cheaper they try to make the costs.

1. Southern Gateway Chorus-While By My Sheep
2. Southern Gateway Chorus-Lo, How A Rose E'er Blooming
3. Roaring 20's-Angels, From The Realms Of Glory
4. Southern Gateway Chorus-O Come, All Ye Faithful
5. Southern Gateway Chorus-O Holy Night
6. Roaring 20's-It's Beginning To Look Like Christmas
7. Roaring 20's-Let's Have An Old Fashioned Christmas
8. Southern Gateway Chorus-O Christmas Tree
9. Roaring 20's-Children's Medley
10. Southern Gateway Chorus-We Wish You A Merry Christmas
11. Roaring 20's-Silver Bells
12. Southern Gateway Chorus-Jingle Bells
13. Arlingtones-I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day
14. Arlingtones-Away In A Manger
15. Soundtracks-God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
16. Arlingtones-Coventry Carol
17. Soundtracks-Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
18. Arlingtones-As With Gladness Men Of Old
19. Arlingtones-O Little Town Of Bethlehem
20. Soundtracks-It Came Upon The Midnight Clear
21. Arlingtones-Angels We Have Heard On High
22. Arlingtones-Silent Night
23. Soundtracks-Winter Wonderland
24. Soundtracks-I'll Be Home For Christmas

MEGA

3 comments:

  1. If I ever make a record, I will demand that they not turn my skin green on the cover. I hate that lizard look.

    Hope you had a nice Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ernie! Despite the green skinned lizard people, I'm looking forward to hearing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buster-You'd be happy to be on a record, green or not!

    Sarah-It's good stuff, if you can stand barbershop singing. Some people seem to be allergic.

    Thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...