Monday, July 23, 2018

Christmas In July 2018-Day 22

I'm back!  Sorry I missed a couple of days.  Had some problems with my insides, but hopefully those are all ironed out for the time being.  It's tough being old.  Anyhow, let's see what's in the bin for tonight, err, I mean for two night ago!

1. Christmas Greetings from Johnny Otis With Little Esther Phillips and Mel Walker from The Complete Savoy Recordings With Johnny Otis (Savoy Jazz 2xLP SJL 2258 (Originally Released 1950), Mono, 1984).  I guess this was a promotional recording that went out to DJs with copies of their Christmas record, which I shared with you earlier this month.  Cool stuff.

2. Jingle Bells Mambo by Pete Rugolo And His Orchestra from Adventures In Rhythm (Phillips (Holland) B 07049 L, Mono, 1954).  Hippest Jingle Bells you'll hear on the internet today.  And from a Dutch pressing no less!

3. Away In A Manger/O Little Town Of Bethlehem by Willie Dittrich from The Singing Zither-Christmas Music & Old Time Hymns (Jim Loyd Presents 1002 (WMT Radio, Cedar Rapids, Iowa), Stereo).  Nice little medley on the zither for you.

4. Go Tell It On The Mountain by The Scotties Of Saint Andrew's School, Boca Raton, Florida, Under The Direction Of Mrs. Phyllis G. Gould, from Brothers, Sing On! (Mark Records UMC 2323, Stereo, 1970).  Nice local stuff.

5. We Wish You A Merry Christmas by Chamber Singers-Robert Summer, Conductor, from University Of South Florida Chamber Singers And University Singers (Suncoast Recording Service KM 4471, Stereo, 1979).  Am I done with this one yet?  Not sure...

6-10. More Nutcracker.  Think of them as bonus tracks!

I really gotta get busy and record a few more tracks to finish out the month.  I don't want to run out of shares.

Zippyshare

6 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better, please continue to take care of yourself. Speaking wholly selfishly I would miss my Xmas in July. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi buddy, take care of yourself. The zither and organ records can wait. I do appreciate the Johnny Otis side - you know how I love a promo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling better--it's no fun being sick at Christmas! Or in the summertime.

    Thanks for all the shares.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shares, Ernie. Hope you continue getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must be difficult to iron them out from the inside...

    I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No fun being sick at Christmas, no matter the time of year. Hopefully all is better as of July 30. Now I'm caught up backwards once again. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...