Thursday, July 19, 2018

Christmas In July 2018-Day 19

Day 19, we're getting there...  It's about that time of the month when I start asking if anyone has a favorite track or two.  I've got a small handful of tracks already in the "Best-Of" folder, but it's by no means full.  Let me know if there's anything you've especially enjoyed so that I don't miss any really good tracks I may have forgotten about.  And now, some music...

1. Sing Silent Night by C.W. McCall from his LP Rubber Duck (Polydor PD-1-6094, Stereo, 1976).  I could swear I've shared this one before, but I can't find it on the blog or on my PC, so my mind may be playing tricks on me.  It's a great track, even if Mr. Chip Davis of Mannheim Steamroller had a huge hand in it's creation.  He was involved with all the C.W. McCall stuff as far as I know, even Convoy, years before he got the idea to make music for American Gramaphone.

2. Rocking by 1978 Chamber Singers-Robert Summer, Conductor, from their LP University Of South Florida Chamber Singers And University Singers (Suncoast Recording Service KM 4471, Stereo, 1979).  Another track from this good album.

3-11. Another complete set of tracks from The Nutcracker Suite. Same artists, same albums, you know the drill.  I'm too lazy to detail everything.  A couple of the introduction tracks are short, so I threw in an extra track to make you feel like you're really getting something.

That's it, thanks for playing tonight.  And don't forget to leave me a comment about your favorite songs thus far.

Zippyshare

7 comments:

  1. I don't recall the C.W. McCall track before, but there's a lot I don't recall anymore... Anyway - it is a nice little song. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did another search of the archives, but it's not there. I guess I dreamed it. I see where CaptOT shared it on a sampler back in 2008, but I don't seem to have ever touched it. Odd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of? Have we had any Mills Brothers this month? Because they should always be in your Best of. Otherwise, I vote for Shari Lewis & Lambchop and anything by the Airmen of Note.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Little Esther and Helmut Zacharias and his Enchanted Violins you posted the other day. Too bad they never recorded together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stubby, I haven't shared any Mills Brothers, but there is an LP of theirs in the stack. I've been skipping over it because it's more autumn than winter, but I'll see what I can do for you.

    Buster, how do you you know they didn't get together? I bet if you dig really hard...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to thank you for the CW McCall Sings Silent Night song - the copy I had was very poor and that song always hits a very soft spot

    My Mom acted the same as this song and she's been gone an awful long time...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to have some C.W. McCall. Thanks so much for another great share.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...