Sunday, July 29, 2012

V For Victory


I had forgotten about this until I saw the short film at the opening to the Olympic games. I guess there is a similar statue to this somewhere in London, and in that film, Winston Churchill comes to life and waves at a helicopter carrying James Bond and Queen Elizabeth II. This statue is in front of the British Embassy in Washington, DC.  I shot it in 2011 when I went up for the Cherry Blossom Festival.  Technically speaking, I've now been to England, because the back half of the statue is considered to be inside the embassy grounds, and that's considered English soil.  So when I walked around the statue, I visited England!  And without a passport, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...