Monday, July 30, 2012

Christmas In July 2012-Part 30

Next to the last day of the month.  Big blowout.  But I'll let the music speak for itself.

1. Ave Maria Gratia Plena by The Obernkirchen Children's Choir-Edith Moeller, Conductor, from the album On Tour With The Obernkirchen Children's Choir (London 5895, Mono, 1965).  How many different Ave Maria's can there be?  A lot, I guess.

2. Kewpie Doll by Frankie Vaughan With Raymond Long At The Piano, The Beryl Stott Singers And The London Palladium Orchestra Directed By Reg Cole, from Frankie Vaughan At The Palladium (Columbia CL 1405, Mono, 1960).  Well, it is what it is...

3. Skaters Waltz by The Kingsway Strings from A Symphony On Ice (Somerset P-4900, Mono, 1958).  Because you needed another version.

4. Virgin Mary by The Weavers from The Weavers At Carnegie Hall Vol. 2 (Vanguard VRS-9075, Mono, 1960).  Gotta love these folks.

5. What Child Is This (English Carol) by Yale Glee Club-Fenno Heath, Director-Soloist: Don E. Wheeler, from Yale Glee Club (Carillon LP104, Mono, 1959).  Nice vocal version.

6. Baby, It's Cold Outside by The Stereo Brass Choir from Stereo Dialogue For Brass (Columbia CS 8290, Stereo, 1960).  A rerun.  I was afraid for a while as I was recording tracks this year that I would have too many reruns and not enough new stuff, but I think I've got a good balance.

7. Blue Christmas by Merle Haggard-Vocal Accompaniment: Jordanaires, a great version from My Farewell To Elvis (MCA MCA-2314, Stereo, 1977).  What can I say, Elvis is the King.

8. Christmas-Little Star Beam by Betty S. Beem Smith from the LP Birthday Sing Along Songs For Children-Special Christmas Edition (Century 42116, Stereo).  I was never clear on what made this a Special Christmas Edition.  I've also got a non-special edition, and they appear to be identical.  I didn't listen to both, perhaps that's where the difference lies.

9. Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy (From "The Nutcracker") by Hal Mooney And His Orchestra, a rerun from Ballet With A Beat (Mercury PPS 6017, Stereo, 1961).  Great version.

10. The Day The Snow Is Meltin' by Eddie Ericksen-Orchestra And Chorus Directed By Clay Warnick, from the soundtrack album Donnybrook! (Kapp KD-8500-S, Stereo, 1961).  I can't tell you how many hours I spend picking up soundtracks and looking for something vaguely related to Christmas.  And every once in a while, I get something.

11. Hard Candy Christmas by Dolly Parton And The Whorehouse Girls from another soundtrack, The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas (MCA MCA-6112, Stereo, 1982).  A bit obvious, but I couldn't resist.

12. He Is Born by The Choir Of The First Presbyterian Church Of Dearborn-Alexander J. Turco, Organist And Director, from an album that should be familiar to you by now, Carols And Anthems (Artie Fields Productions H-1496/1497, Stereo, 1967).

13. I'd Like The Teach The World To Sing (In Perfect Harmony) by The Mike Curb Congregation and their album Softly Whispering I Love You (MGM SE-4821, Stereo, 1972).  I think this is a rerun.

14. International Waltz Medley: Greensleeves; Too-Ra-Loo-Ra-Loo-Ral (That's An Irish Lullaby); O Sole Mio; Tales From The Vienna Woods, a harmonica track by The Lavaliers-Arranged And Conducted By Eddy Manson from their album Peg O' My Heart And Other Harmonica Favorites (RCA Camden CAS-810, Stereo, 1964).  I love the harmonica!

15. It Came Upon A Midnight Clear by James W. Keane, performed on the carillon, pulled from Bells Over Rochester-The World Famous City's Carillon (Tom Jones Recording Studio TJS-11975-A/B, Stereo, 1975).

16. June In January by Nelson Riddle from his album The Joy Of Living (Capitol ST1148, Stereo, 1959).

17. Mary Had A Baby by Jessye Norman With The Ambrosian Singers-Chorus Master: John McCarthy-Conducted By Willis Patterson from Spirituals (Philips 9500 651 (The Netherlands), Stereo, 1978).  Something about this record that I thought was odd, besides it being from The Netherlands, but I can't remember it now...  Oh, John McCarthy, that name should be familiar to those of you who've downloaded a couple of Christmas albums by him here at the blog.

18. Parade Of The Wooden Soldiers by Al Melgard from his album Al Melgard At The Chicago Stadium Organ-World's Largest Theatre Pipe Organ (Audio Fidelity AFSD 5886, Stereo, 1959).  Now this I'm sure is a rerun.

19. Silver Bells (no, not that one, unfortunately) by Marv Herzog from the LP Marv Herzog's World Of Polkas And Waltzes (Herzog H-1031, Stereo, 1970).

20. Snow Dove by Jay Ungar & Lyndon Hardy from Songs, Ballads & Fiddle Tunes (Philo 1023, Stereo, 1975).  No clue about this one...

21. The Toy Trumpet by Don Baker and his album Sound Showcase (Capitol ST 1908, Stereo, 1963).  That Raymond Scott was something.

There you go, 21 tracks, a new record, I think.  Gotta be something in there somewhere you like.  If not, you may be at the wrong blog.  Anyhow, here's the link, and I hope to see you tomorrow for another great collection of Christmas music!

MediaFire

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...