Sunday, July 29, 2012

Tied Up


I went down to the beach last night to shoot the sunset, and while that didn't work out so well, I did see this little bird hopping around on the shore, eating this and that, just doing his thing. It wasn't until after I got home and looked at the pictures that I realized what poor shape he was in.One of his feet is completely gone, and the other one is twisted up in old fishing line.  This is why they have those disposal tubes for fishing line all over the place.  I hear people making fun of them, but this is what happens when we dispose of non-degradable items in an unsafe way.  I'm not entirely sure what type of bird this is, though.  I think it may be a ruddy turnstone.

1 comment:

  1. It is a sad photo, but thank you for reminding us to be careful disposing of our trash. Here in Japan, they give you plastic for everything, and every cookie and candy is individually wrapped, or people would freak out, thinking the stuff is for pets or something (i actually heard that!) Lots of progress to make, i'll remember your poor bird's picture!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...