Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Metro


I just love taking pictures of subways. I don't know why, I just do. I think it has something to do with the fact that we don't have such things here in Florida, or at least they didn't when I was little. Closest thing we had was the Monorail at Disney, and I LOVED that thing. This is the Metro train deep under the National Mall in Washington DC. Those round red lights along the platform beside the car start to flash when the train is approaching the station, and they look really cool when the train is flying by. I always thought it was going too fast to stop, but at the last minute they slam on the brakes and the train stops in exactly the right place on the platform. It's as if they've done it once or twice. Let me see, what other subways have I shown you? NYC and Chicago, I think. Looks like I didn't post any pictures of the Chicago trains, but I know I shot some. Don't know if I took any pictures on the public trains in Atlanta, Charlotte, Las Vegas, Cleveland or San Francisco. Maybe next time.

1 comment:

  1. during commuter hours, the metro trains run every 90 seconds or so. sometimes even AHEAD of schedule so that the next train is visible just sitting still waiting to enter a station while a train is still closing its doors to leave the same station. and they do FLY!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...