Sunday, May 24, 2009

Slightly Irridescent


I stopped on the side of the road on my way home to try and take a picture of a dozen or so turtles who were sunning themselves on a mudbank. But when I got out to take the shot, they had all slid into the water. So I just walked around the lake to see what I could see. I got lucky when a glossy ibis flew over my head and landed on the far bank. I just happened to catch him as he circled in to land and he caught the sun at just the right angle. Check out the colors produced by those normally black feathers! I wish I'd been a little closer to see this and shoot it, but it's still an impressive picture. This particular pond seems to be a popular hangout for glossy ibis, since I've shared pictures of them from this same spot before. Couple of times, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...