Monday, March 23, 2009

Lions And Tigers And Bears, Again


As I just mentioned, I journeyed out to a big cat rescue place this weekend that I had heard of but never visited. I don't know why I'd never been there, since it's only a few miles from my house, but I hadn't. It's called Big Cat Habitat And Gulf Coast Sanctuary. They're a little more oriented towards the circus show animals than my usual cat place, but they still have a lot of impressive animals, and they do a little show with them, to show you what some of these animals are capable of. The first big cat I saw when I got there is this lioness, just chilling out in her own private swimming pool. She didn't seem to have a care in the world, all the tourists with their cameras walking by, and she's not paying us a bit of mind.

Up next was this tiger, rolling around on his back with his tongue hanging out, again, not a care in the world, just enjoying the life of Riley in the sanctuary.

And finishing up the Oh, My! trio is this bear, hanging out in his huge bear pool. Sorry about all the fencing between the camera and the animals, but they have to do something to keep us paparazzi safe.

2 comments:

  1. If you get your camera up close to the fence, you can shoot through it without it being in the shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's the problem. They have little fences to keep you away from the big fences. Most of the time, you can't get close enough to the main fence to be able to shoot through it.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...