Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Disco Day-Part Four


The next-to-last installment of Christmas Disco Day is this, umm, interestingly covered record by Disco Belles. No idea who the Disco Belles were or are, but they seem to love candy canes. I have to apologize about the quality of the above image. I try to take great pains to give you nice cover scans, but I didn't have much to work with on this one. It was still in the plastic outer sleeve when I got it (slit open though), and some water had gotten in there at some point. So there was lots of discoloration and warpage going on. The record was fine, but the sleeve was about shot. I did the best I could without just faking the whole thing. But you're just interested in the music, right? No problem, go download Disco Belles-Tis The Night To Disco (51 West (CBS) Q 16080, 1979). I should also mention that this was a continuous mix, but I split it into ten individual songs. So if any of the tracks sound like they start or stop abruptly, that's why.

6 comments:

  1. Interesting thing about these disco albums - some of the tracks seem to be the same. The "I Saw Mommy" track is exactly the same as the one on Holiday People. I haven't bothered to look into the others - I just know because I used this on your comp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it just me, or does the cover "girl" look like Marilyn Manson...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. re: Marilyn Manson... I was just going to post the same thing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was actually wondering if it was a guy myself. Probably best not to think about it too much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are ruining this album for me. Now I can't even look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Five Christmas disco albums in one day - you're truly doing God's work!

    And now that you mention it Stephen... that girl does look a little mannish!


    Capt

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...