Sunday, February 11, 2007

Volume 7 For Hi-Fi Living

Right on time, here's the seventh installment of Hi-Fi Living, tonight featuring a band leader we haven't heard from yet. I have no idea who Jack Say is, but at least one reference I found on the web claims that it's actually someone names Jacques Ysaye, which really doesn't tell me anything. Hopefully, I got all the tracks in the right order tonight, unlike last week (which will be fixed shortly). In the meantime, why don't you download and listen to Jack Say And His orchestra-These Foolish Things-Vol. 7 For Hi-Fi Living (RCA Custom RAL-1007, 1957). Not to be off-putting, but I think this is the most boring volume yet... Sorry.

4 comments:

  1. It is a bit "mellow," I like it though. Can't wait for the next one. Nice pics too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't put me off, Ernie - it's not that bad at all. Perhaps it's because a couple of the tunes are not well-known that you found it a bit boring, but it's another good collection of light music for me.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ernie!

    Can you reupload this album? And can you reupload the missing things of this serie?

    Thank you very mich!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jack Say was indeed a Belgian bandleader. He used to run a studio in Brussels as well.
    He is related to Eugene Ysaye, worldfamouis violin player from the beginning of the 20 th century...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...