Thursday, February 01, 2007

The First Of February

It's the first day of February, and that means you get new pictures, even in the middle of the week! The shot above is from the 2007 calendar I gave my Grandmother this most recent Christmas. This great blue heron grabbed this fish from a fisherman on the North Jetty in Venice. I guess it was too small for him to keep, but the bird thought it was a great catch. The shot below is from the calendar I gave Nanny in 2005, but it's also for this week. That's the Anna Maria City Pier, which is a favorite subject of mine. Do a quick search through the blog here, and you'll see dozens of shots of that same pier.

2 comments:

  1. AHA! I found a typo? do I win??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognized that pier as soon as I saw it: I have many memories of the pier, and of the area around the pier -- whatever happened to Fast Eddie's? Thanks for reminding me why I should be looking forward to seeing my folks in Anna Maria in a couple weeks! The east side of the state just isn't the same.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...