Sunday, February 04, 2007

Volume 5 For Hi-Fi Living

It's a week late, but finally, I present to you, Volume 5 For Hi-Fi Living! This time, it's love songs from the Broadway stage. The notes on the back mention that two of the tracks actually come from movies, not plays, but I couldn't tell you which ones those are. This is also the third set from Hill Bowen. I haven't looked ahead to see if he does many more, but to this point he's far and away the most popular orchestra leader in this 12 volume set. So please be my guest and download Hill Bowen And His Orchestra-Love On Broadway-Vol. 5 For Hi-Fi Living (RCA Custom RAL-1005, 1957).

6 comments:

  1. This is sooooooooooooooooooo great, I've loved every moment when I've listened to these great albums. Thank you so much for taking time to prepare and sharing these gems with common people not worthy of licking the soles of your shoes. So take a Bow(-en, Hill) for Ernie (Not Bert) or in Swedish "Tack Så Mycket".

    Apple Sweden

    P.S. Do ya got more of this coming? D.S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ernie,

    My computer crashed about 10 days ago and I've finally got it up and running again (knock wood) which is why I couldn't thank you sooner for your latest posts, which, I have every confidence, will be just as good as the previous ones.

    Kind regards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If these HiFi discs are a sample of your collection, you are generous indeed with such goodies. To answer the question, the Broadway album does indeed have two songs from movies. The movies are The Goldwyn Follies (Gershwin's last compositions) and Flying Down To Rio. Thanks againa and again and again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment, Mr. RevRev. These are all from my collection. I was so happy when I finally gathered together all twelve discs, I had to share them with the world. I'm not a huge fan of sites where folks share out stuff they downloaded elsewhere, but to each his own, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "For Hi-Fi Living"
    Please upload the entire series in zippy.
    Rapidshare no longer works in the U.S.

    Thanks Again In Advance.
    You Have A Great Site

    ReplyDelete
  6. You might want to check the front pages of the blog, I've been resharing new rips of this series for the past few weeks and will continue on through the entire series.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...