Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Volume 3 For Hi-Fi Living

It's a couple of days late, but I'm sure you'll find it worth the wait. Thank you to those who wished me well while I was ill. I was just a little sick to the stomach, but it was enough that I didn't want to sit here by the turntable for a couple of hours. For your download pleasure, I'm proud to present the third in this series of twelve recording from 50 years ago. This time, the music is from Hollywood, some of which I am familiar with, others I've never heard of. This is probably the best one so far in the series. At least I know more of the songs. (I'm secretly looking forward to volume 10, Very Hi-Fi Organ, but that's a long way off.) Please be my guest and download Ronnie Ogden And His Orchestra-Hits From Hollywood-Vol. 3 For Hi-Fi Living (RCA Custom RAL-1003, 1957). If you're new to all this, follow the links backwards...

3 comments:

  1. Very much worth the wait, and I'm glad that you're feeling better.

    I had posted a few days ago that I won 10 of the 12 volumes on eBay. They arrived today, and they're beauts. I can't wait to get them home, and take them all for a spin. Like you, for some reason, I'm eagerly awaiting listening to Jocelyn McNeil on Volume 10.

    Again, thank you for sharing these with us. If it weren't for you posting Volume 1, I would have never heard of them, and I wouldn't have ever searched for them on eBay.

    Ed
    Cousin Oliver

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ernie, I wish you well and I'm sure it wasn't the music that was making you sick (heh heh)!

    As for me, I can't get enough of your fabulous light orchestral shares. This one's another winner.

    Thanks very much and be well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just lucked onto your site and love it. Love the comments, descriptions and the music. I'm certainly hoping that you're still feeling better and continue with the website. it's such a joy to find folks who enjoy the music that I do.

    Ladytex

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...