Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Waterworks


Perhaps you've heard of the fountains in front of the Bellagio Resort in Vegas. I remember them from the final scene in the remake of Ocean's 11 from a couple of years ago. Well, I caught maybe 5 shows out there, and it was always impressive. The picture above is from street level, where I was lucky to get close enough to take this shot. People wandered over quickly whenever a show began, clogging the sidewalk up for the length of the song. The only song I heard played twice was Frank Sinatra doing Luck Be A Lady. Other songs included Elvis-Viva Las Vegas, Gene Kelly-Singin' In The Rain, Lee Greenwood-Proud To Be An American, and a couple of operatic pieces I can't name. Oh, and some track from a musical with kid's singing that I can't place. The shot below is from the top of the Eiffel Tower at Paris Las Vegas. The fact that I couldn't fit the entire hotel and fountain into the shot with my shortest lens should tell you about how large this resort is. I was so high up that I couldn't hear the music!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...