Monday, November 21, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!


I only know of two songs that celebrate Thanksgiving. One of them is Arlo Guthrie's Alice's Restaurant, which isn't really about Thanksgiving, but sort of mentions it, at least, and this one I'm sharing with you today. From 1960, here is Spencer Ross-Thanksgiving Day Parade (Columbia 4-41532 7" 45 RPM single). The flip side is Tracy's Theme, and that track made it to #13 on the Billboard charts in January of 1960. Both tracks are from TV productions of famous movies. Our Thanksgiving track is from "Miracle On 34th St.", while the flip side is from "Philadelphia Story." This song is a real toe-tapping, march-along band number. I think you'll like it. Stay tuned to Ernie (Not Bert) for a whole lot more music between Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's going to be a blast!

2 comments:

  1. I would LOVE to hear Tracy's Theme. It's only been 45 years since I last heard it. I even had the 45, but it's LONG gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this 45 and both songs are excellent. "Tracy's Theme" is a gorgeously haunting mood piece, and it's sensational a song like this was once a big hit single. I wish i remembered to pull out the b-side when Thanksgiving rolled around...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...