Friday, November 25, 2005

A Bleep-Bloop Christmas


Who'd a thunk it? There are actually two Moog Christmas LPs out there. When the King Of Jingaling shared out one over at FaLaLaLaLa, I knew I had to try and get the other one out. This one isn't quite as out-there as his, but it's still bleepy. Sort of reminds me of a cross between Mannheim Steamroller and an ice cream truck. Don't ask me why it makes me think of those two things, but it does. So please, download The Moog Machine-Christmas Becomes Electric (Columbia CS 9959) and you tell me what it reminds you of.

7 comments:

  1. There are others: I've got one called "A Very Merry Electric Christmas" performed on Moog's rival the Buchla synth by Douglas Leedy, and one called "Christmas Yet to Come" by Joe Byrd. So keep looking!

    Thanks for all these

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info, Mr Fab. I believe the Joe Boyd LP has been shared out over at FaLaLaLaLa recortly. I'll have to keep looking for that Douglas Leedy LP though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you SO MUCH - My mother had this album and I've been listening to it every Christmas I can remember. It's probably what first sparked my interest in electronic music - I can definitely draw a straight line between my interest in Raymond Scott and DEVO and this record. I was planning on making mp3s of her record and giving them to friends and family for Christmas but you beat me to it. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Violet. It's comments like yours that makes sharing wortwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My older brother got this very LP for Xmas *years* ago! We both listened to it a lot. It eventually ended up in my collection. I've been meaning to eventually rip this to mp3.....thanks for the favour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I got turned on to Moog by the Volt Per Octaves. A friend on Facebook just mentioned listening to Moog Christmas music and posted the link here when I asked. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...