Sunday, November 06, 2005

DVD (Not MTM)


Since I just brought you an LP with Mary Tyler Moore on the cover, I figured it fitting that I bring you an LP with her TV hubby on the cover. Important difference here is that Dick Van Dyke actually sings on his LP. This is Songs I Like By Dick Van Dyke With The Ray Charles Singers And Enoch Light And His Orchestra (Command RS 33-860, 1963). Those who thought that the only singing done by Mr. Van Dyke was from Disney movies will be happy to know that he doesn't sing any Disney songs on this release. It's all standards, many from theater and Tin Pan Alley. As far as I know, this was the only personality release on the Command label. I guess things didn't work out between Dick and Enoch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...