Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Oodles of Doodles XXXIV-Christmas In July


For those of you who are still with us on day 6 of Christmas in July, here's yet another Christmas doodle. This LP may win the award for largest mouthful of a title: James Blackwood And The Blackwood Brothers Combine With Hovie Lister And The Statesmen To Wish You A Musical Merry Christmas (RCA Victor LPM-2606, 1962). Whew, what a name! These two gospel groups each sing 5 tracks, and then they combine their talents on two additional tracks. This is one of the few Christmas LPs I remember my parents playing when I was growing up. When I found a copy of it a few years ago, I was surprised to find that I could still sing along to all of the songs. The two angels you see are actually separated by some text on the LP back, but I put them together for you here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...