Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Christmas In July '24-Day 30

Day the thirtieth! I was starting to think this month might go on forever. I know you thought I was going to bump it up to eight tracks today, but I couldn't get that one last track. The record was just so scratched up, I couldn't get it to play without multiple skips and the sections without skips still sounded pretty bad. So I'll keep an eye out for another copy of that record and hopefully share it with you some other year. It's pretty rare that I come across a record that I can't get something out of, I've surprised myself with some of the things I've been able to recover, but this one just resisted everything I tried to do. Forwards, backwards, different needles, different speeds, different weights on the needle, I tried all my tricks, but no joy. Not important, I guess, but I needed something to talk about today. What's in the pile on the next-to-the-last day of CiJ? Meh, I'm tired of trying to think up things to say about what's in the share, it is what it is. I'll tell you the best track here is Bingle Jells by The Nutty Squirrels, I was really excited to finally dig up a copy of that one. It's in mono though, so I'd still like to find a stereo copy, but at least I know it's worth finding now. Download and enjoy!

1. Joseph Gershenson-Christmas Holly (Inter: Love Theme From "Madame X" and My Heart Still Hears The Music) (Madame X, 1966)
2. Unknown Artist-Winter (Now And Long Ago-Silver Burdett Songs From Music For Living-Album 09)
3. Don Mitchell-The Winter Of My Storm (The Ballad Of Lucy Lum And Other Delights!, 1977)
4. Madeira Beach Junior High School Concert Band-Paul T. Nicholson, Conductor-Themes From The Nutcracker Suite (Madeira Beach Junior High School Concert Band, 1969)
5. Jim Curnow-Christmas Concert March (Studio P/R In Concert-New Concert Band Music for 1978-79, 1978)
6. Sascha Burland And Don Elliot With The Nutty Squirrels-Arranged And Conducted By Billy Mure-Bingle Jells (A Hard Day's Night And Other Smashes, 1964)
7. Ray Heatherton And Orchestra-Created, Produced And Directed By Hal Gross-Winter Song (All About Days, Months And Seasons Of The Year, 1968)

MEGA (MP3)

MEGA (FLAC)

6 comments:

  1. You've been posting those Silver Burdett things for years. Not to seem ignorant, but who or what is Silver Burdett?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Publishing company for educational material, don't think they're around anymore.

      Delete
  2. Ernie, you are The Supreme Giver, and your bag of tricks has well-served us over the years. Thank you for your ongoing efforts, looking forward to as much as you choose to share with us, we happy beneficiaries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Winter of My Storm? What does that even mean? I was half expecting a send-up of Bing Crosby on Bingle Jells but that would have been hard to pull off in a squirrel voice. Some great stuff here, thanks!

    Joseph Gershenson: https://www.discogs.com/release/4537570-Joseph-Gershenson-Madame-XOriginal-Soundtrack-Album

    Silver Burdett (A book that went with the music. This one from 1956. No idea if it’s the right one for this song but the name matches: https://www.amazon.com/Music-Now-Long-Ago-Living/dp/B0007DJWZ4


    Don Mitchell: https://www.discogs.com/release/5978008-Don-Mitchell-4-Joe-Wayman-The-Ballad-Of-Lucy-Lum-And-Other-Delights

    Madeira Beach Junior High School Concert Band: Haven’t found this one yet.

    Jim Curnow: https://www.discogs.com/release/1630282-Various-Studio-PR-In-Concert-New-Concert-Band-Music-For-1978-79

    Nutty Squirrels: https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/e4272

    Ray Heatherton: https://www.discogs.com/master/1110615-Ray-Heatherton-The-DaysMonths-And-The-Seasons-Of-The-Year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You aren't missing much on that Madeira Beach cover. Just black with white text. But at least I found one you can't find. :)

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...