Wednesday, January 08, 2020

On The 15th Day Of Christmas

As frequently happens, a song or a record pops into my head, and I get to thinking about it. Then it occurs to me that I shared it out once, and I wonder if it's still up.  It turned out that this record was shared out in 2012, and hasn't been seen since, so I'm bringing it back.  I doubt if there are too many people left hanging around downloading my shares, especially the reshares, but if anyone is still around, here it is. It's a rare 78 transfer, because that's the version I found, complete with picture sleeve! It's probably worth the download for that vintage artwork itself, though it looks like I didn't do a full restoration job on it.  Underneath that scribbling is a date of 1949 when this record was given as a gift. Perhaps I thought that was too interesting to erase.  Anyhow, if you're interested, this is Franklyn MacCormack With Herbert Foote At The Organ-I Like Christmas b/w My New Year's Wish For You (MGM 10" 78 RPM 50009, Mono, 1948).

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Ernie. Love the old, really old vintage shares. Look forward to this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm still here! this is one of my favorites from your sharing days of old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ernie, for bringing fun and joy to us year after year. You put endless effort, love and commitment into this blog and I'm sure everyone who visits appreciates what you've given. I've said something similar to Buster at other times over at his place: what you guys do, and have salvaged, is a nothing short of historical preservation. Stuff that would be lost forever lives on, to be enjoyed, treasured and appreciated. What label, major or niche, will ever resurrect some of these recordings? Thank you for letting them have a voice again. All my best to you and your blog's fans for 2020, and always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Ernie. Christmas won't be Christmas without your shared treasures. We are still here. My Christmas is whole year round. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...