Saturday, December 10, 2016

Nash II

Here's another offering from the stack of Christmas records by artists you didn't know recorded a Christmas record.  I suppose it's a pretty tall stack at this point, I know I'm always surprised to find another one or two pretty much every year.  This one was something I found in 2008 and I've been pushing it on you ever since.  Give it a download and see what you think.  Just for you, this is Johnny Nash-Prince Of Peace (JAD JS/1001, Stereo, 1969).  If the portrait in the middle of the cover looks a little rough, that's because it's a lenticular image.  I remember having a bear of a time getting it to scan right, but I think it came out pretty good.

1. We Wish You A Merry Christmas
2. Prince Of Peace
3. Away In A Manger
4. Mary's Little Boy Child
5. The Borning Day
6. The Christmas Song
7. Sweet Little Jesus Boy
8. Medley: Silent Night-Oh Holy Night
9. Go Tell It On The Mountain

Update-21 Dec 16-I was afraid of this.  I released a remastered copy of this in 2012, but this year I reshared the old one this year.  If you already grabbed it, you might want to grab it again and get the better copy.

Zippyshare

2 comments:

Mistletoe and Holly said...

While most of the performances on this album are rather passive, I really like his version of The Borning Day. Thanks for sharing.

Jumbliah said...

Actually, I find the arrangements on this album quite good, especially unique. This has become one of my favorites for Christmas. Thanks for the reshare!