Saturday, March 01, 2008

Cranes And Their Kin


A buddy of mine at work has been trying to get me to come by his house for a while. He said there was a big nest across the street and two sandhill cranes were tending it. I finally got the chance to go by there today, but no one was home. I wandered down the street on my own, but I never did find the nest. But I reckon it was too late anyway, because what I found was a mommy and daddy sandhill crane along with two little chicks. I don't know how old they are, but they can't be more than a week or two. I figured you'd enjoy seeing these little folks as they followed mommy and daddy around.



It's been several years since I've seen any baby sandhills. And last time I photographed them, it was raining...


1 comment:

  1. Terrific photos! Cool birds, to boot. Very photogenic. Hams, almost.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...