Saturday, May 12, 2007

1959


It's late, but I'm still getting music up for you to download. I'm taking a break from the cha cha for a little big band tonight. I wasn't sure what to expect from this one when I picked it up, and it sat in the pile a while before I listened to it to tell the truth. But once I played it, I liked it. Nice arrangements of big band stuff. Not too far out there, but well done. I think you'll enjoy it. It's on the Carlton label, which is gone for all intents and purposes, so I don't think this one will ever show up on CD, as is the case with most of the stuff I bring you here. Go download Bob Florence And His Orchestra-Name Band: 1959 (Carlton STLP12/115, 1959). And be sure to check out the doodle from the slip side that I'm going to post next.
Huh, I just read all about Bob Florence over at Space Age Pop. Turns out this guy has a lot of history. I guess you never know. It's amazing what you can learn with just a few clicks on the internet. And some of it is actually true!

1 comment:

  1. these non-Christmas records look interesting (found these posts after downloading your Hi-Fi Living series last year) all these links are dead now, any chance of re-upping these this spring?

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...