Sunday, December 24, 2006

At Long Last

I've been getting requests for this LP since I shared out the doodle on the back of it way back in July of 2005. Problem is, it's not in very good shape. I had to work at it to get a non-skipping rip. But one night I finally got it, so now I can share it with you. If there are any skips in there now, I don't know about them, and you're just going to have to live with them. I do wish this was a stereo version, but beggars can't be choosers. Oh, just for the record, I paid $1 for this vinyl four or five years ago. I had no idea what it was, or who it was, I just liked the goofy cover with the dogs and the girl who got the fur coat that she wanted for Christmas. Who knew it was so good! Here's Gisele MacKenzie-Christmas With Gisele (RCA Victor LPM-2006, Mono, 1959). Don't miss the EP from Gisele that I just posted from last year. I think it's got some of the tracks that later showed up on this LP, but at least you get a cover from this same photo shoot.

Update: Looks like someone finally wised up about this record. It's now available for download on iTunes. So I can't share it anymore, but you can download a nice MP3 version of it.

3 comments:

  1. My favorite of everything youve posted this year. This will go down as one of our family's favorites I am sure. Thanks for all of your hard work and happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found myself in love with the voice of Gisele MacKenzie, as an adult, when I came across her cover version of "Tenderly". She IS the First Lady of Canadian Song. Thank you for sharing the music!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...