Monday, October 09, 2006

Bee My Neighbor


Two ladies were on the sidewalk this afternoon as I parked my car. One of them warned the other not to go near the tree at the end of the street, as it was covered in bees. Being the adventurer that I am, I pulled out the camera and headed that direction. Sure enough, some bees were swarming on a branch, but it was only a few thousand, nothing to be scared of. So I walked right in and stuck my lens into their business. And, no, I didn't get stung, or even buzzed. These guys were too busy trying to keep the queen cool in the middle of this mayhem.

2 comments:

  1. I came home tonight and an exterminator had killed all the bees. They had built a small honeycomb, too, and it was lying on he ground surrounded by huindreds and hundreds of blackened bee bodies. Shame...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...