Saturday, May 06, 2006

Go Go Gator


I caught this alligator at Hillsborough River State Park today. It's rare to see gators in water this clear, so I was pretty happy to have spotted him. You can see how he keeps his legs tucked into his body and uses his tail to propel himself through the water. He's probably between 6 and 8 feet long, which makes him larger than me. I'm glad I was on a bridge far above him. (If you look close, you'll notice that this fellow has no front right foot. I wonder how that happened...)

2 comments:

  1. could it be the arm is folded at an elbow and just out of view?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered that myself before I made the comment, so I checked some of the other pictures I shot. A foot never shows up in any of them, so I'm pretty sure he only has a set of three.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...