Wednesday, December 07, 2022

Live From New York

Time for another couple Christmas singles with a theme. This time the connection is a little TV show called Saturday Night Live. Both of these guys were regulars on the show at one time or another, and this is far from a comprehensive list of cast members who released Christmas music. (Oh, the Billy Crystal song is actually a remaster of something I shared with you way back in 2005, my very first Christmas on the blog. Anybody still here from those days?)

1. Billy Crystal-The Christmas Song-Long
2. Billy Crystal-The Christmas Song-Short
3. Father Guido Sarducci-I Won't Be Twisting This Christmas-Stereo
4. Father Guido Sarducci-I Won't Be Twisting This Christmas-Mono

MEGA



6 comments:

  1. I don't think I caught up with you until 2008.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still finding stuff at your blog that I don't remember from back in those days. :)

      Delete
  2. Fantastic! I had the Fr. Sarducci disc once upon a time - thanks for this! It's a xmas miracle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, now I only need a couple more miracles for sainthood. I think if you search around, he's done other Christmas stuff more recently.

      Delete
    2. Yes, he did "One Hundred Bulbs on the Christmas Tree", a roughly 15 minute bit done to the tune of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall", on the premise that he hated Christmas music and he figured he could be annoying enough with that to make other people hate it too. And you know what? He wasn't entirely wrong.

      Delete
    3. He was always a bit grating like that. :)

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...