Thursday, July 02, 2020

Nutcracker In July 02

Day two, are you ready for some more nut crackin' goodness?  Today's version comes to us courtesy of Artur Rodzinski Conducting The Philharmonic-Symphony Orchestra Of New York and the LP Nutcracker Suite-Mozartiana (Columbia Masterworks ML 4048, Mono, 1946).  I'm sure that date indicates an original release on shellac at 78 RPM, but I guess I couldn't put a date on this vinyl version.  Or maybe I just didn't look hard enough.  Sometimes I get in a hurry and forget to go back and clean up some of these little odds and ends.  I'm already finding typos that I don't like, so let me apologize in advance for those.  Anyhow, here is a three track version of Tchaikovsky's great Nutcracker Suite!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for this! I enjoyed the Steinberg.

    Today's version was recorded February 20 and March 5, 1946 in Carnegie Hall, according to A Classical Discography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a tour of Carnegie Hall a little while back, very cool place. There's a small museum inside that you can actually visit for free, but few people know about it. The musical memorabilia is impressive! Highly recommended!

    https://www.carnegiehall.org/About/Building-Overview/Rose-Museum

    ReplyDelete
  3. I worked in NY for many years and was never inside the place.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Didn't practice enough, Buster? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. JeepGuy - Ha! Actually I have no musical talent whatsoever. No amount of practicing would have got me onto the stage there.

    ReplyDelete

  6. My only musical talent consists of being able to turn on the record player.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...