Monday, April 20, 2009

Look Deep Into My Eyes


If you ever find yourself with a view like this in real life, turn and run. From Oscar Scherer State Park this weekend and their Earth Day festivities, this is a great horned owl. These are among the most ferocious predators in the avian kingdom, meaner than most hawks and probably some eagles. I can only think of one time I've seen an owl in the wild, and that's thanks to the fact that they are nearly silent in flight, and they don't hoot as often as you might hope. I love the picture above, except for the fact that his eyes are out of focus. The camera is focused on his beak. The shot below is nice, too, but not nearly so fierce.

1 comment:

  1. if I hadn't seen the earlier pic i'd have thought....ah how gorgeous!!!! ;0)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...