Friday, April 10, 2009

Giving It Some Thought

So, I'm thinking about trying something challenging here at the blog. I've been neglecting it somewhat for a while now, only posting a third of what I have in past years, so I'd like to do a little something to help get back on track. I'm thinking of a marathon blogging week, beginning this Sunday. My goal is to make 100 posts between Sunday morning at 12:01 AM and Saturday Night at midnight. Not easy, but not impossible. I know I've got dozens of pictures I should have posted before, but never did, and I've got some record stuff I want to throw up, too. So I think tonight I'm going to start writing up some posts, but not publishing them until Sunday, and see how many I can get up in the next week. Back during Christmas I've posted over 50 items in a week, so 100 is a big stretch. And I'm going to try to shy away from silly novelty text-only posts. No one is going to visit the blog to see what I think of the day's news, that's for sure. Wish me luck, and I'll see you on Sunday!

10 comments:

Buster said...

Ernie,

We love whatever you put up, so you just keep on keepin' on. A hundred is a lotta blogging, for sure.

Kevin said...

Wow! Get some rest beforehand. Looking forward to it.

Ernie said...

Thanks guys! That's what I need, some encouragement. Maybe I should take a day or two off of work, that would sure make things a little easier. If there were a way to make a decent living by blogging... :)

Darrin said...

Like I said...

Ron said...

Good Luck !! I will be waiting! Don't forget your vitamins

mel said...

I certainly wish you luck with this project, Ernie.

Go for it - as long as it's not going to be detrimental to your health...

uncreative said...

don't kill yourself for 100 ......... we're happy with whatever and would be ecstatic with consistency, like 2-3/3-4 per week :)

Myron said...

My RSS feed can't wait.

-M

Anonymous said...

that's a big undertaking...go for it!!!!!I know you can do it..

Anonymous said...

Good to have you back Ernie...have missed your posts.

Lex