Saturday, September 20, 2008

Dick Clark?


The very last picture I took during my trip to New York was this mosaic in the Times Square subway station. I thought at the time it was supposed to be Dick Clark, but now I'm not so sure. There were quite a few of these merry New Year's revelers along the wall in the Times Square Station, and it being Dick Clark would make some sense, since he's been hosting the New Year's festivities there for as long as I've been alive. But looking at it now, I think that's just a horn of some sort in his hand, and not the microphone I imagined at first. The sign on the ground is one of dozens that some group had spread along the wall, trying to bring people over to their view of the Bible. I, of course, was more interested in Dick Clark.

Update: The Web is, of course, an amazing place. Go visit this excellent site all about the New York City subway system, where I learned that my non-Dick-Clark mosaic is part of an installation called The Revelers by Jane Dickson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...