Saturday, March 31, 2007

AirFest 2007-Part Three

Ah, here are the paratroopers I mentioned in my first post for AirFest. They're streaming out of the back of this, umm, KC-135 maybe? I'm terrible with the names of these planes. I'm sure someone will chime in and tell me what's what. I'm too tired at the moment to look it up and see what it was. There's a better picture of just the plane below if anyone really wants to try and ID it. I know they had one of these on the ground that you could walk through. But this post is about the guys falling out the back there. Pretty cool, eh?

2 comments:

  1. This is a really nice shot, all four props in view as well. Also, the parachutist just getting ready to jump out the door... excellent, excellent, photograph! I've been to Air Shows where they've had a few of these planes before, up at our Niagara Falls Air Base, and they are h-u-g-e inside! Thank you for sharing the photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for noticing. I'm pretty proud of some of the shots I got today. Stay tuned for many, many more. I've just been flipping through them quickly, and I see some really incredible stuff in there. I took about 2500 shots in all, which means I got at least 25 good ones! I'll probably share more than that, actually. My only beef about the whole show (other than the hour and a half wait to get out) is that they need to have the planes fly on the side of the crowd that the sun is illuminating, not the side that you have to look into the sun to see the planes. I had to work pretty hard to get some of these planes lit...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...