Saturday, December 23, 2006

Two Stories For Christmas

Here are a couple of Christmas stories to brighten your weekend before Christmas. The link between these two is the writer, Charles Tazewell. Other than that, I don't know much. I believe they both came out as sets of 45s at one time, but I found them all together as long individual tracks on a single LP. Side one is narrated by Loretta Young, scored by Charles Paul and the orchestra is by Victor Young with the Ken Darby Choir. Side two features Gregory Peck with music by Carmen Dragon (father of The Captain from Captain & Tennille!). Both stories are really nice, so if you have little kiddies, be sure to download and listen to these. Here are Loretta Young-The Littlest Angel and Gregory Peck-Lullaby Of Christmas (Decca DLP 8009, 1949). I also found a later cover for this one, which I threw in below for your enjoyment.

4 comments:

  1. It wasn't Christmas until we decorated the tree and played the Littlest Angel and the Lullaby of Christmas. As kids, we listened to the two stories over and over again--sometimes for hours. The rich voices of Gregory Peck and Lorreta Young let our minds create images that were far better than any video produced today--not to mention cheaper! If you want to give you kids a treat, take a moment and listen to either story. You won't be disappointed. In fact, it's priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ernie,

    I tink these may have been separate 78 rpm sets at one time also.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know about other formats, but I still have the original cover for "the littlest angel" with Loretta Young. It was on 3 10-inch lps. We broke the records long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bill, I suspect those weren't three 10" LPs you had, but three 10" 78's. I've got the same set around here somewhere, and I think that's the original issue of this recording, or at least the Loretta Young side of the record.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...