Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Chanukah In August-Part 2

You didn't think I was going to do a second edition of Chanukah In August, did you? Well, I'm full of surprises. I was also surprised to find a small stash of records I'd put together at some point, all with a decidedly Jewish theme. So we'll see what I can find.

Tonight's track is Tzena by The International Folk Singers from Hava Nagila (Come, Let's Be Happy) (London SW 99021, 1960). Is this a Chanukah song? I don't know. I'm afraid that many of the songs I'm going to share with you have nothing to do with Chanukah, but I'll try. I grabbed this one because of the name. It turns out that the Smothers Brothers track I shared the other day, Swiss Christmas, well, the second half of that track features a song called Tzena, Tzena, Tzena. I don't know if there is a connection or not, but I'm making one up in my head and running with it. So download today's track, and enjoy!

2 comments:

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...