Sunday, April 23, 2006

Hawkeye (Not Pierce)


I stumbled by accident on an Earth Day celebration (the day after Earth Day?) down at Oscar Scherer State Park today, which meant I got in for free, and it also meant they had lots of things to see and do above and beyond the usual pretty scenery. For me, the most exciting thing was a booth from a wildlife group where they showed off some of the birds they had rescued. It's a rare chance to get up close and personal with creatures that normally fly away before I can get within camera range. The first fellow I want to show you is this red-tailed hawk. This is the same species I shot up in Ohio, only then I was a few hundred feet away, and here I'm about 5 feet. All good pictures, but different. I offer up the picture below in case you wondered why they are called red-tailed hawks. Now you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...