Saturday, January 28, 2006

Spider Guy (Not)


First off, I'm scared silly of spiders. So I don't know why I'm throwing this picture up of a crab spider. He's very small, probably less than half an inch across, and now that I look at him up close, he looks more like a tick that a spider. These guys make their webs across trails quite often, so I walk right into them a lot, and I always worry about where exactly that spider ended up. Is it just me or does that look like some sort of creepy smiley face on his back?

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's really cool looking! There are no spiders like that here in L.A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, that is the Darth Maul of spiders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I share your fear (yet utter fascination as long as they are a reasonable distance away) of spiders.
    It looks like Jason's hockey mask - making this even creepier than a regular spider!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once, I was poking the web of one of these gals with a leaf, trying to trick it into attacking the leaf. It did once. The second time, it jumped out onto my face.

    That sort of freaked me out.

    I still like spiders, but I keep my distance.

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I would completely freak out! I onced poked at what I thought was a dead baby robin ...... it wasn't and man -- the momma was ticked enough to dive-bomb attack my daughter! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never seen a spider quite like that before...verrrry interesting.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...