Saturday, October 22, 2005

The Bandit (Not Smokey)


Here's another critter I couaght while I was out and about today. This mama racoon was out prowling for garbage and handouts at South Lido Beach here in Sarasota. I followed her around for quite a while, which she didn't seem to mind. I suppose the racoons in that area are used to people. Someone stopped and warned me about rabies when they saw me following her around. That may be a problem, but I was keeping enough distance from her that I really wasn't worried about it.

1 comment:

  1. I read an article recently speaking of raccoons in Europe. Apparently there they are an invasive species and are wreaking havoc. They are theiving entire crops. Cute little buggers, though...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...