Sunday, July 24, 2022

The Second Best From Christmas In July Past-Part 8

Just for the record, this collection of second-best songs was originally only seven batches long. And it sat that way for months. But I kept coming across things I left out and wishing I had space for them. I finally started putting those things into a new folder, and before I knew it I had over 100 songs pulled out. So those 100 (or so) songs became the last three volumes of the series. But then I had to come up with cover images, and there were only seven panels on the wall of the church that I photographed. So I decided to do these detail views of the slightly creepy painted faces. I know why they do stuff like that, and I'm sure it's part of the mosaic tradition, but it creeps me out to look at them. And so I figured I'd use them and hope it doesn't creep you out so much that you don't download the collection. If you skip it, you'll be missing all the great songs listed below, and you wouldn't want that, would you? Enjoy!

1. Connie Landers-I'm Gonna Be Warm This Winter
2. The USAF Strings-It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
3. Sarah Vaughan-Moonlight In Vermont
4. The Studio Dance Ork-Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town
5. The Invitations-Out In The Cold Again
6. The Irish Rovers-Cold Winter Shadows
7. The Ringing Bells-Coventry Carol
8. Xavier Cugat-Danse Arabe
9. Aileen Fisher-Do Rabbits Have Christmas?
10. Symphony In Blue-Christmas Song
11. Cynthia Gooding And Don Drake-Christmas Is Coming
12. The Wesleyan Ringers-Carol Of The Bells
13. Burl Ives-Christmas Cradle Hymn
14. Hector Olivera-Bobsled
15. LeRoy Holmes-June In January
16. Household Regina Music Box-Jingle Bells
17. Jimmy Smith & Wes Montgomery-Baby, It's Cold Outside
18. Urbie Green-Ave Maria
19. The John Payne Band-Snow
20. Charlie Weaver-Xmas In Mt. Idy
21. Bob Hannon-Dance And Be Merry
22. Hal Mooney-March Of The Toys
23. Bobby Hackett & Ronnie David-We Need A Little Christmas
24. Larry Seidel-God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
25. Jack Shaindlin-Skiers
26. Winifred Smith-The Virgin Mary Had A Baby Boy
27. Werner Muller-Sleigh Ride
28. USAF Academy Cadet Chorale-Sing We Now Of Christmas
29. John Gart-The Parade Of The Wooden Soldiers
30. Sy Mann-Winter Wonderland
31. Hollywood Sound Stage Orchestra-The Christmas Trees
32. Joe Bushkin-White Christmas
33. 101 Strings-New Year's Day

MEGA

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for these new collections, Ernie!

    That baby looks like he is about 40.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ernie,
    Great selections erase any creepiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The creepiness just keeps turning me off. I should have used the picture of Santa Claus...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...