Thursday, December 02, 2021

Return To Spain

The first of my remasters for the year (and there aren't too many, I promise) is this great record from the early days of the United Artists label. I've really enjoyed this record since I first ripped and shared it back in 2008, and so, when I found a new copy of it recently, I decided to give it the old remaster treatment. I like to think that I've gotten better at squeezing decent sound out of old records sometime over the past 13 years, so give this one a listen and see what you think. It's good stuff, I promise, even if you can't understand a word they're saying. This is The Madrid Concert Orchestra And Chorus-Victorino Echevarria, Conductor-Christmas In Spain (United Artists UAS 6059, Stereo, 1959).

1. Zumba Zum
2. Long Live St Joseph And The Child (Viva San Jose Y El Nino)
3. Sleep Little Jesus (Dorm Jesuset)
4. Where Are You Going Little Shepherd? (Adonde Vas, Pastorcito?)
5. Tan-Tan
6. Sing Little Ones (Chicetes, Cantem)
7. And There Is A Star (Y Es Una Estrella)
8. To Bethlehem (A Betlem, Si Us Plau)
9. Between The Straw And The Ice (Entre La Paja Y El Hielo)
10. From Egypt To Bethlehem (De Egipto Para Belene)
11. The Child Came Down From Heaven (El Nino Bajo Del Cielo)
12. Lotan-Dago
13. The Tambourines Are Playing (Suenen Las Panderetas)
14. Bolo, Bolo, Bolo

MEGA


7 comments:

  1. Ernie, I thought to mention here - you commented over at TZ regarding the Christmas volumes from the Lost Jukebox series. I'm going through them (I'm only familiar with 10 Christmas themed volumes) and replacing what's needed. I've also skipped some tracks that are easily available aka found on every other Christmas compilation this side of the milky way. I've finished one volume with 22 out of 30 tracks. It's a start if you're still interested...

    https://groovylibrary.blogspot.com/2021/12/lost-jukebox-christmas-1-christmas-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll check it out, thanks! I'm hoping someone has them handy and can post the complete originals. Lots of the usual stuff, but some great tracks mixed in here and there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondered if "Victorino Echevarria" is a pseudonym, but he appears to have been a real person. Says Discogs:


    "Spanish composer and conductor born in Becerril de Campos (Palencia) in 1898. dead in Madrid in 1963. Conductor of Banda Sinfónica Municipal de Madrid from 1949 to 1961."

    The Banda Sinfónica Municipal de Madrid is presumably the Madrid Concert Orchestra.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So he did this pretty close to the end of his career. I'm sure it's just a reissue of a Spanish original.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the original was on Hispavox.

    https://www.discogs.com/master/2128729-Ch%C5%93urs-Et-Orchestre-Des-Conciertos-De-Madrid-Sous-La-Direction-De-Victorino-Echevarria-Navidad-En-E

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the original share but am looking forward to the updated rip. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...