Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Christmas In The Time Of Covid 19, Part 8

Another day, another post, though I guess it's been a few days since the last one. Hope you're all holding steady out there.  Some places are starting to talk about opening back up again, and that's pretty scary I think.  We've just started to see the curve turn downwards in some places with strict safer-at-home orders, while other places haven't even really peaked yet.  If we start sticking too many heads out of our shells, there's going to be a second wave hit, and we're going to have to start all this nonsense over again.  I know it's hurting a lot of people to stay home and not have an income, but it's for the good of everyone.  But I'm not here to change anybody's mind, I'm just here to bring a little more Christmas music into your life.  Tonight's share is a curious take on the Christmas story, mostly a spoken word bit, but with some background music.  The whole thing is somehow unsettling to me, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Give it a listen and see what you think.  This is The Evergreens-They Came A Long Way To Christmas (Birthstone 7" 45 RPM 45-1022, Mono, 1960).

MEGA

1 comment:

  1. Two items tonight from Archive.org, which I should have combined into one single download, but I didn't think of it until just now, sorry.

    https://mega.nz/file/BYM1kaYA#ALgv1wj6ZfSeYlTHMDtRw6kf3RLGCG-M6ZBjxSOYSjQ
    https://mega.nz/file/wRVxHSqK#pvJGjeYPOPhHVhcsuLU7KRzI8eWoGIWc1gt-5n9CtYc

    One track is an ode to Christmas in New England, sort of the opposite of that Christmas In Florida I shared earlier. The other one is a vocal version of Fairy On The Christmas Tree, a song I only knew as an instrumental from George Melachrino. Must be an English thing, since both bands are from the UK. Note the neat library sticker on the rather poor scan that came with the original download.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...