Friday, January 06, 2017

This Is The End

Well, it's been a good season, but all good things must come to an end.  I suppose I could go on for a few more days, but today is Epiphany, or Little Christmas, or The Twelfth Day of Christmas, whatever you want to call it.  I figure it's time to put away all these albums, clean up the mess around here, and try to get a little more exercise.  Hopefully I can do this again next year, but we'll have to wait and see, I can make no promises.  Thank you for all the comments, if you made a request, I hope I was able to get to it.  If you sent me an email and never got a response, sorry.  There just aren't enough hours in the day, and you may have asked for something I couldn't give you.  I don't have anything special for the last day, just something that was mentioned over at The 'Fa that I happened to have handy, I just had to scan in the gatefold.  It's not a particular favorite of mine, in fact I don't think I listened to it all the way through after I recorded it.  But I know it's a favorite of a lot of people, and some people don't even know it exists.  So to wrap up the 2016 Christmas season, here is Truman Capote Reading His A Christmas Memory From "Breakfast At Tiffany's" (United Artists UAL 9001, Mono, 1959).

1. A Christmas Memory-Introduction (Instrumental by Irving Joseph With String Quartet)
2. A Christmas Memory-Part 1
3. A Christmas Memory-Part 2
4. A Christmas Memory-Conclusion (Instrumental by Irving Joseph With String Quartet)

Zippyshare

21 comments:

  1. Thanks Ernie you did a fantastic job. We look forward to next Christmas and whatever you may share then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thoroughly enjoyed having you with us every day during the Christmas season! Thanks so much for the wonderful shares.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was pretty proud of myself, I didn't miss a single day between Thanksgiving and now, except for Christmas Day itself. First time I've ever gone the whole season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And with multiple shares on each day as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks again for sharing your cheer with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dont think this can ever be topped. Thanks again you really made the soundtrack to this and many of my christmas'.
    -adam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much and up to the next Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This year offerings amde for a very memorable and "millesime" holiday season. All expectations met...
    You have all the reasons to be proud of yourself Ernie. Thank you!

    ...and life's permitting, hoping for a 2017 Ernie (Not Bert) season...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many thanks, Ernie. As I've mentioned, I found particular satisfaction and enjoyment in the vintage music this season (am listening to music boxes as we speak) and I'm among the many who are grateful for your hard work and generosity this, and every year. Wishing you all the best in 2017, and should the opportunity arise, a festive holiday-sharing-season next Xmas. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Ernie. It has been great to have you back throughout this Christmas sharing season!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for another year of sharing great music with us, Ernie. Cheers to 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that was an awesome sharing season. Thank you so much for the old friends, plus some new that you found for us this year. Much appreciated, and a very happy 2017 to you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Ernie for not only all your hard work but all the great shares this season. I hope you have a restful off season and I look forward to your posts in the future. Hope you enjoyed my comp this year. I hope to have another good one for you next year as a thank you for everything you do for our Christmas music collectors community!
    GPS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Ernie - for all the shares this year but especially for this one! Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Ernie for a generous, lively, interesting and entertaining year of shares. I was fearing this was all something of the past, but then you surprised us with what matched if not surpassed your "glory years" of 2007-2010. I have not often enough expressed my appreciation for your hard work, care, and enthusiasm, so I'd like to do that now. You're in a league of one. I can't wait until November.

    Randy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Ernie...yes, I know you just finished up your posts for this past Christmas season...however, there is a Dinah Shore song that is eluding me, & I hope you might be able to help...unfortunately, it's on one of those dastardly ol' 78RPM singles you love so much...it's the b-side to her version of "The Merry Christmas Polka" (which is readily available)...the song is "The Star Of Bethlehem," and it's from 1949. If you've already posted it, and I just missed it, would you mind informing me where it is? If not, and you both have the single as well as the time, would you mind putting it up sometime? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Shhh, don't tell anybody!

    http://www120.zippyshare.com/v/rNUqVB5j/file.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. ...not to be a greedy grubby jerk, but what's the possibility of Harry Babbitt's versions of "All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth" and "Here Comes Santa Claus"? Not right now, of course...same as before, "if you have them and if you have time." And this is the LAST request...promise...:0)

    ReplyDelete
  19. New link for 2018:

    https://mega.nz/#!hREnVSBI!-KjNt1eZg1V2w6l_dJaMd4nBZ1-ROuDJBKKb0txuCxQ

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...